Earlier this year, I invited questions from my newsletter subscribers regarding topics that they would like more help with. (Join the list today to take part in this wonderful creative community!) The responses I received contained one specific theme that kept showing up time and time again:
· “Do you have pointers on what you think about in deciding what to do for the background of a portrait?”
· “I want to get more creative with backgrounds.”
· “I have difficulty dealing with the background. I’m unsure about how to make the background integrate well with the subject and enhance it.”
· “What colors and composition are best for the background?”
· “I need help knowing what to do with backgrounds! Have you had other requests for this type of help?”
Absolutely! The theme of backgrounds is clearly resonating as an area where further guidance is needed. And I’m here to help.
In this video, I’ll reveal four principles to strengthen your portrait backgrounds and enhance your work. Watch the video now, and give these four pointers a try on your next portrait!
Imagine yourself at an upcoming live portrait workshop growing creatively during multiple days of encouraging portrait instruction that is personalized to your needs. Think of how much confidence you could gain in just a few short days! Sign up today to secure your spot in one of my upcoming Painterly Portrait Workshops this fall. Let’s develop your creative potential together.